Senior Application Support Analyst - BASE24
Salary £65,000 - £75,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 28 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced BASE24 Specialist to join their established but growing Technology Practice.
Overall purpose of role
- The role holder will perform a critical role with responsibility to ensure stability, continuity and availability of the Self Service Application portfolio including device knowledge, in addition to providing rapid response to incidents and escalated user queries.
- Technical Support and Maintenance of the Business Service and Applications.
- To maintain a broad, end-to-end technical understanding of one or more components within an application / service, being recognised as the ‘go to’ person for incidents and adhoc.
- Hands-on and should be able to work independently and if required guide team mates.
- Manage and own the successful handover of change into the support environment.
- To ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the applications / services is maintained across their lifetime, supporting external areas in the development of any technical changes being proposed
- To use system-specific knowledge and technical expertise to assist external areas in the definition of technical strategies where appropriate.
- Own maintain and track incidents through their entire lifecycle
- Identify proactive remedial strategies to prevent future system problems and to improve the quality of delivered systems.
- Takes responsibility for the technical solution to incidents, reacting quickly and as necessary to live software errors to limit downtime and resolve the issue.
- Proven ownership and prioritization of individual Incidents and ensuring the delivery of solutions in line with the Operational Level Agreements to deadlines and quality standards.
- Owner of a group of individual Service Improvement items and responsible for their implementation.
- The delivery of documentation to agreed standards, on time and error free
- Train, develop and mentor colleagues to ensure full development of their potential
- Act as the quality gate for external areas where relevant
- Support the handover of the changes into business-as-usual operation
- Self-starter and ability to operate independently
- Detailed Knowledge of products/functions outside of day to day area supported
- Takes the lead and can drive engagement with all business users and understand their issues, regardless of Seniority.
- Demonstrates a good end to end understanding of the systems processing for the business areas and relationships
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of relevant and up to date technical knowledge, applications and techniques
- Uses technical knowledge to create new opportunities and solutions
- Good working knowledge ITIL v3
- Proven results in Incident/Problem/Change and Release disciplines
- Production of high quality documentation
- Demonstrated ability to resolve Incidents
- Demonstrated ability to deliver Change & Releases
- Deep understanding of the internal and external environments related to own IT product area
- In depth knowledge of key application area, recognised as application expert by their peers and subordinates.
- Technical Support consisting by use of any languages and technologies
- ITIL V3 foundation certified
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Live support experience on Base24 classic
- ACI Base24 Classic both POS & ATM
- EMV, NDC, ATM processing
- TACL Tandem, TAL, Cobol, Scobol, Enforms
- DDL & Visa, BNET& Link protocols NDC,
- ATM/POS transaction processing
- Strong level of Application/production support experience and ITIL process flow
Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification.