IT Operations Manager
Salary £50,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 28 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An International Professional Services outfit based in London is looking to hire an IT Operations Manager to join their growing team.
About the IT Operations Manager role:
The role is constantly liaising with the system support, problem management and the Service Desk teams, tending to incidents, problems, changes, maintenance and supporting projects. The position will ensure IT services provision meets or exceeds the required service levels. Even though this role has 'manager' in the job title, this will be a stand alone poisition.
- Work with the Group Operations Director to identify senior business user requirements for IT in the region, capture demand and liaise with service design leads (e.g. CTO, Business Applications Director) where required
- Own and monitor IT service performance levels in the region, ensure availability and performance of critical systems.
- Manage day to day IT operations including:
- Data centres
- WAN and LAN
- Systems support
- Cloud delivered service offerings
- Ensure that disaster recovery standards and processes can be successfully deployed and monitored in the
IT Service Support Management:
- Liaise with IT service desk team to resolve incidents and problems as required
- Support regional office development manager in execution of changes to ICT requirements in new and existing offices
- Co-ordinate resources in order to maintain excellent levels of service to the business
- Where required, work with 3rd parties to maintain applicable systems, services and projects
- Where required and with the approval of the CTO or Regional Infrastructure Manager, manage the purchase of hardware and software for the region
- Regularly review all RS IT related contracts
- Confidence to deal with all levels of staff and management
- Good planning skills and a structured thought process.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to think clearly and make correct decisions under pressur
- Ensure projects are completed and deadlines are me
- Problem-solving capabilit
- High level of confidentialit
- Willingness to listen to and support user
- Strong Project Management skills
- Assist with IT budget for the client
- Strong knowledge of thin client, client and server hardware
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory and Windows Server environments (MCSE, Exchange)
- Good knowledge of relational databases (such as MS SQL/Oracle/Sybase)
- Good knowledge of networking (LAN/WAN/Switching/Routing)
- Good knowledge of SAN storage solutions (Compellent)
- Good/Strong working knowledge of Citrix technologies (XenApp/XenServer/CAG)
- Undergraduate Degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science or Management Information Systems (MIS) or science based discipline
- Project Management qualification e.g. Prince 2, APMP would be advantageous, not essential
If you are driven, determined and want to join a company that has the backing of some of the brightest minds in their respective industry then this role is for you.
Apply today or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more. Alternatively you can email me on email@example.com as well.