Application Support Specialist
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 28 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Application Support Specialist to join their established but growing Technology Practice.
• Application Support Specialist to provide Level 2 incident management for applications within scope
• Primarily this will be in support of the Mainframe Applications, however there is flexibility on movement to support other applications
• Participation in service post incident reviews
• Issue triage, investigation and coordination to closure
• Data & Configuration changes execution
• Batch scheduling changes
• Investigation and coordination in support major incident calls
• Data & Configuration changes
• Support data for Capacity/Performance Management
• Previous experience in a technical support / problem solving role
• Live service / application support experience
• Ability to drive complex application recoveries in a high pressured area.
• Interface knowledge
• Basic Cobal scripting knowledge
• Familiarity of MF/Cobal programming constructs
• Familiarity with scheduling tools – TWS / Autosys
• Previous experience of Internal Business Applications
Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification.