Linux Devops Engineer
Consultant Jason King
Date posted 07 November 2016
A new role has become available for a Devops Engineer (Linux , AWS) for a Client based in based in Central Manchester. This role will suit someone from a Linux Administration background working with AWS (Amazon web services) who has moved into a Devops role.
About the Devops Engineer (Linux / AWS):
In this role you will deliver a reliable and effective server and storage infrastructure service, with an emphasis on the management of web infrastructure services and a range of server and storage services, monitoring and reporting of infrastructure performance as well as implementing new solutions within agreed IT strategies.
- demonstrable experience in web technologies (Linux systems and Amazon Web Services administration)in a DevOps role
- experience of implementation and maintenance of a AWS services infrastructure as well as experience in providing expert IT support within a customer facing environment.
- You will have a proven track record of supporting Linux systems including Linux systems administration for Redhat/CentOS with scripting, automation and Orchestration tool skills.
- knowledge of Microsoft Azure and server infrastructure services would be desirable.
- Ideally you should have had exposure to best practice web and enterprise security techniques such as PCI DSS, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning and Ethical Hacking
- Experience working in a Devops environment / culture
- Linux Systems Admin: Redhat/CentOS with scripting and automation skills
- AWS Systems Admin: EC2, RDS, ASG, ELBs, Route 53 & CloudFormation
- Scripting Experience: Python, Bash or Perl
- Configuration Management ( Chef, Puppet, Saltstack or Ansible)
If you are a Devops engineer from a Linux administration background and this role is of interest please respond to this advert or email Jason.king@robertWalters for further information.