SQL Applications Specialist
Salary £20000 - £29000 per annum + 15% shift allowance
Consultant Ajay Hayre
Date posted 30 August 2016
Robert Walters is engaged with a market leading technology solutions business, which specialises in the design and delivery of bespoke applications across multiple financial service sectors. As part of the growth and development they have a vacancy to hire a SQL Applications Specialist to based in the Solihull offices paying a salary up to £29,000 plus 15% shift allowance.
As an experienced SQL Applications Specialist you will ensure the delivery of services and application to a diverse customer base. Furthermore you will carry out maintenance and optimisation of databases whilst reviewing trends of performance through monitoring and working to agreed service levels.
SQL Applications Specialist – Role Duties:
- Carry out trend analysis to improve problem and service outages
- Performance metrics for DB2 and SQL Databases
- Service and Change requests on applications
- Maintenance / Optimise across Databases
- Use variety of tools to identify root cause
- Highlight and configuration of monitoring systems
- Identify severity and impact of incidents
SQL Applications Specialist – Background:
- Experience of a ITIL framework Service Desk environment
- SQL, Scripting, Java, Database backups/restoration, transaction logs, indexing
- SQL, Queries – Command level
- ITIL v3 – Incident, Service Requests, Change Management
- Service Desk Management tools
- Knowledge of Application Layer services
- SQL/DB2 Databases
- Virtual Machines, Desk Quotas, Windows Event Logs
- Windows OS, VMware, Citrix, LAN
The permanent opportunity for a SQL Applications Specialist will pay a salary up to £29,000 plus 15% shift allowance and benefits.
If you feel you have the experience to meet the requirements and would like further information, please contact me on 0121 260 2524.