Network Security Engineer
Salary £600 - £640 per day
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 05 August 20192019-08-05 2019-10-04 banking London London GB GBP 600 640 640 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a European Investment Bank, based in Central London, are looking for a Network Security Engineer to join their growing team in London.
About the Network Security Engineer role:
My client is seeking a dedicated and results oriented consultant for the position of Senior Network Security Engineer as part of Technology and Support within their Network Services team. They are currently moving their entire datacenter infrastructure to Public Cloud while taking operational ownership of the IT estate.
The main objective of the role is to support the Network Services Department with the operations of the software defined network platform and day to day support using network automation tools. The consultant will be providing support to ensure that the Network Platform and related Services are running optimally and smoothly, working closely with 1st and 2nd line operations to investigate and remediate critical incidents.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Working collaboratively with the Network Services team to deploy, automate, maintain and operate network and cloud-based solutions and infrastructure
- Performing Network Security test cases for AWS and CISCO DNA Applications and Services
- Ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of systems: performing and automating daily operational tasks
- Responding to and Troubleshooting incidents and problems, performing changes
- Continuously improving deliveries by automating and streamlining operations and processes
- Actively working to find new and improved processes, techniques and tools to enhance the business IT experience
MAIN QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum two years’ experience working with Networking and Security Engineering
- Desirable experience with network automation and scripting including CLI, PowerShell, Ansible and Python
- Desirable experience with Network Function Virtualisation, SRIOV,CISCO Digital Network Architecture and AWS networking products
- Demonstrated experience in network technologies, architecture, design & security such as
- BGP & IGP
- Next Gen Firewalls – FirePower, FMC and Palo Alto
- Cisco DNA Wired & Wireless and Software Defined Access
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Up-to-date network certifications (AWS, CCNA, CCNP)
- Desirable DevOps and Agile mindset and focus
- Proactive and self-driven work style and a good team player
- Ambition to excel & High level of integrity
If the above role is of interest please call me on 0207 509 8040 or apply asap to the above advert.