Technology Risk SME - VP
Salary £70,000 - £90,000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 03 July 20192019-07-03 2019-09-01 financial-services London London GB GBP 70000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, an International Investment Bank based in London, are looking for an Technology Risk SME (VP) to join their growing team.
About the Technology Risk SME role:
To assist with the development of the firm’s Second Line of Defence capabilities (policies, procedures, and controls) to manage Technology (IT) risk, including Information Security and Cyber risks in London and across the EMEA region, in line with regulatory requirements, and to support the achievement of the Bank's strategic objectives.
- Assist with the design, build and implementation of a Technology Risk framework (including Information Security and Cyber Risk) working in conjunction with the First Line technology teams and Head Office.
- Support the development and delivery of medium to long term objectives and actions within the framework, including rollout to the First Line of Defence.
- Participate actively in the delivery of changes, enhancements and projects in conjunction with the technology teams.
- Provide robust challenge to the First Line of Defence as they identify, assess, manage and report their technology risks (including Information Security and Cyber Risk) through various tools and activities including risk and control assessments, key indicators, issue and incident management, and control assurance.
- Perform Second Line of Defence activities in the evaluation of technology risks for new products, systems and material change projects.
- Provide Technology Risk subject matter expertise, and monitor and communicate the risk environment to management, and other key stakeholders, effectively
- When required, supervise junior members of the team in second line oversight, business-as-usual (BAU) activities and change initiatives.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a good 3LoD model and embedding the risk culture across London and EMEA offices
- Strong knowledge of banking products
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Technology, Information Security and Cyber risk management and their application within the financial services industry.
- Proven ability to understand, identify, analyse and communicate clearly an organisation’s data and technology risks.
- Proven experience in applying legal/regulatory guidance into solving practical problems.
- Solid technical and functional knowledge of the external regulations, policies and developments for Technology, Information Security and Cyber Risk.
- Solid technical and functional knowledge of financial services internal rules and policies.
- Good understanding of the overall operational processes and technology challenges within the financial services industry.
If the above is of interest please apply immediately or call me on 0207 509 8040 for more information.