Cyber Security Analyst
Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 17 May 20192019-05-17 2019-07-16 it Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 45000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A National Organisation currently has an exiting opportunity opportunity for an experienced Cyber Security Analyst to join their Growing but Established Technology Practice. This is a Permanent role based in Manchester City Centre
Job purpose This is an exciting opportunity for someone wanting to further develop their career in information and cyber security.
The core elements of the role are supporting the management of information security by:
- Ensuring compliance with and contributing to our information security policies and procedures
- Managing, investigating, recording and analysing reported security incidents
- Providing information security training and guidance to colleagues
- Management of suppliers by driving the delivery of Third-Party Information Security due diligence reviews
- Manage IT security assessments in line with the information security framework
Key skills - technical knowledge and skills
- A strong understanding of current information security standards and best practice, including ISO 27001 is essential.
- A strong understanding of the purposes, principles and practices of information security, risk assessment and data protection.
- Relevant experience within an information security related role. Professional qualifications such as ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, CISM, CISRM, CISSP or CRISC are desirable.
- The post holder will require excellent IT skills and be able to use MS Office Suite products and Electronic Document and Records Management (EDRM) applications.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience using MS Excel to perform complex data analysis is essential for this role.
- Relevant and up to date understanding of the application of security technologies such as anti-virus, encryption, access control and OS security is essential for this role.
- Relevant and up to date understanding of network infrastructures, operating systems, firewalls and web security.
- Experience in designing, writing and delivering training across an organisation would be advantageous.
- The post holder will have experience in taking the lead on small to medium projects, formulating, designing and implementing effective solutions.
- The ability to gather, record and perform accurate and detailed analysis of statistical data to produce high quality written reports is essential.
- The work of the section involves contact with confidential material. It is therefore important that the post holder is able to recognise the importance of maintaining confidentiality and adhering to Data Protection legislation.