Information Security Officer
Salary £85,000 - £110,000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 15 March 2019 2019-03-152019-05-14 financial-services London London GB GBP 85000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
My client, a Global Bank, based in London, are looking for an Information Security Officer to join their growing team.
About the Information Security Officer Role:
This role is responsible for effectively managing the information security program applied across the entire EMEA region, with a particular focus on the Europe Branch. Key to success of the role will be the ability to implement effective strategies to manage Information Security responses thus ensuring the Branch implements best practices strategies are implemented across all areas of Information Security locally.
- Leading the technology risk and information security functions for the Europe Branch
- Assessing, enhancing and driving improvements within the controls supporting protection of information (confidentiality, integrity and availability)
- Monitoring, identifying and assessing risks of technology services
- Leading activities to sustain and improve compliance with internal information security policies and external regulatory requirements for Technology Risk Management & Information Security
- Building security awareness of staff through delivery of communication and training programs
- Providing business support and leadership on security administration services (such as user access management and unstructured data management) applicable to the local branch
- Facing into internal audit and external regulatory engagements as it relates to Information Security and the protection of data. This is to support positive outcomes, and execution of associated treatment plans.
- Supporting business to ensure support good governance over Technology Risks and Information Security.
- Ability to lead and maintain an effective Business Continuity programme, including regular testing and timely response to incidents. BC strategy needs to be agile enough to respond to New York environment
- Development and implementation of country IT security & technology compliance plan.
- IT security and compliance risk maintained within the portfolio’s Risk Register
- Regular review and compliance assessments of technology asset and information register
Technical – Essential:
- Applied Knowledge of IT Risk, and Information Security processes, concepts, and industry standards (e.g. COBIT, ITIL, ISO, PCI, Data Protection / Privacy).
- In-depth knowledge of Global Banking industry and underlying Technology environment (e.g. off-shoring, Hub support / service model).
- In-depth knowledge of current & emerging regulatory requirements impacting Technology & Information Security for (Portfolio / Country - TBD)
- Seasoned understanding of Operational risk and Compliance Framework principles and practices.
- Experience with enterprise level Information Security tools, solutions and services (i.e. Identity & Access Management, Data Leakage Prevention, Security Event & Incident Monitoring, and Information Risk Assessments)
If the above is of interest please call me on 0207 509 8040 or apply to the above role ASAP.