Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 19 December 2018 2018-12-192019-02-17 it Cheshire Cheshire GB GBP 45000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Looking for an experienced Network Engineer for our client based in Liverpool, £45-£50K + Bonus + Benefits
£45,000 - £50,000 + Bonus + Benefits
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Network Engineer with great career progression with a large enterprise level business based in Liverpool
Working closely with the architecture team and project teams as subject matter expert in your discipline you will be expected to actively contribute to discussions on current issues and the future strategic direction for enterprise network services, including LAN / WAN, VOIP and security.
Provide support across the network communications estate, continuously seek to improve and develop our network communications and security management, patch management and configuration processes.
Manage the environment via a combination of proactive monitoring, health-checks and risk assessments to ensure the security, resilience, stability and consistency of the business as usual environment along with engaging in tools development to streamline and automate existing tasks, reduce team workload, and improve support to internal clients.
Design and implement solutions to automate network management, including integration with external modules/components that comprises the entire technology infrastructure ecosystem whilst identifying and select technology solutions from multiple competing options, perform evaluations and proof-of-concepts, and finally make recommendations to management, in some cases including outline business cases.
- Cisco Routers & Switches
- Cisco Call Manager (CUCM/UCCX)
- Cisco IOS/NexOS
- Cisco Core Switches (6800, 4500, N9K)
- WAN Technologies (e.g. MPLS SD-WAN)
- Cisco QoS, ACS, ISE
- LAN Security
- Cisco Wireless Technologies
- CCNP Qualification - Routing & Switching, Security
- CCDP Qualification
- Cisco Wireless Technologies
- Experience troubleshooting network/system related issues, designing, implementing and managing components in an enterprise production network environment.
- Firewall administration experience.
- Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems, Penetration Testing and other security and vulnerability tools, such as Nessus, SIEM, etc.
- Ability to resolve network problems having varying degrees of complexity
- Solid knowledge and recent experience of designing and deploying Cisco technologies like QoS, ACLs, Multicast, Security, etc.
- Fluent and extremely comfortable with Cisco ASAs and Cisco IOS based devices
- Very comfortable with VPNs (IPSEC and SSL) and NAT
- Personal attributes:
- Ability to contribute, deliver and work towards IT best practice processes & procedures
- Able to understand the wider business context and the role/impact that technical changes have within it.