Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 15 November 2018 2018-11-152019-01-14 media UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
My client, a large Media player, is looking for a Security Engineer to join their growing team.
About the Security Engineering role:
The successful candidate will be focussed around identifying vulnerabilities and indicators of compromise by analysing threats associated to the firm, its clients, and the systems in use.
Day to day duties include:
- Monitoring of alerts generated by the client's SIEM and other 3rd party monitoring
- Identifying potential attack vectors & indicators of compromise
- Reviewing of systems & networks whilst considering threat indicators
- Automating the analysis of systems across the estate
- Designing and implementing of signatures used to detect and prevent threats
- Documenting and reporting of findings to management
- Handling of incident response situations
The successful candidate should have:
- 2 years’ experience in dealing with incidents, with System Administration/ SOC experience desirable
- Knowledge and experience of SIEM systems, system administration, scripting (e.g. Python, PowerShell), and log analysis
- Technical background of Windows & Macintosh platforms, supported by a solid understanding of networking
- Ability to conduct investigations, combining best practice and critical thinking
- Experience in incident response, malware analysis, or forensics
- Excellent attention to detail with proven communication, documentation & reporting skills
- Any of the following certifications would be advantageous :
- CISSP/ CASP
- GIAC, OSCP, CEH
- CCNA CyberOps, CySA+
- CCNA R&S, Security+, Network+, A+
If you do not have some of the Security experience they are looking for but are a seasoned Infrastucture Engineer who has been exposed to firewalls etc then still worth applying to this role.
If the above is of interest and you would like to find out more please call me on 0207 509 8040 or apply to the role directly so I can view your CV.