Security Operations Analyst
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 04 September 2018 2018-09-042018-11-03 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, an International Bank, are looking for a Security Operations Analyst to join their growing team.
About the Security Operations Analyst role:
This role requires an experienced IT security person with the ability to perform a number of security activities such as threat/vulnerability assessment (Qualys), incident response activities, and the ability to communicate and promote security requirements to a range of stakeholders. This role is to help develop IT security process/procedures to achieve improved efficiency/effectiveness. The role also requires active involvement in new system project security reviews to ensure security requirements are designed in and delivered as part of Project Systems Development Life Cycle.
- The role requires a strong Subject Matter Expert in terms of security operations covering a range of activities from vulnerability management to security monitoring and security alert/incident response activities. Able to work with a heavy diverse workload, and able to communicate effectively with technical teams, Project Managers and stakeholders. Hands on activity on regular operational tasks is also required to support on-going security activities.
- About 10% of the role requires involvement on an on-going basis on new system project security reviews. This requires review of design to ensure security requirements are specified (HO and local) and ensuring as the project progresses security is delivered and evidenced. Regular contact is required with projects, evidence of security requirements and delivery must be clearly evidenced. At implementation the system must be security compliant or any exceptions/risks formalised.
- The role requires that security processes and procedures be followed covering a range of activities covered by this role: threat/vulnerability assessment, vulnerability management, security monitoring, security alert handing, incident response, etc. The processes/procedures in place must be developed, documented and implemented/operational with evidence of controls produced as KPI and KRI to evidence operational performance.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience and strong knowledge of performing security reviews, Qualys Vulnerability scanning, Qualys Policy Compliance scanning, and ideally Splunk usage for detection/investigation of misuse or incidents
- Strong experience of security operations activities such as vulnerability management, security monitoring, alert/incident response, and security reviews of projects design/deliverables to ensure security requirements are met .
- Ideally CISSP (or equivalent) qualified.
If the above is of interest please call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.