Cyber Security Engineer
Salary £35,000 - £42,000 per annum + Car and On-Call Allowance
Consultant Ajay Hayre
Date posted 02 September 2018 2018-09-022018-11-01 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A unique opportunity has arisen with a Global, Marketing Leading organisation. They specialise in delivering bespoke services and solutions to a global client base. They have been recognised with multiple awards within their field and continue to grow their multinational operation. As part of growth across the national InfoSec team, they are keen to appoint an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to be based in Oxford, paying a salary range of £35,000 to £42,000 plus car and on-call allowance.
This will suit a passionate hands-on technologist who wants to develop their own career path. They will be responsible for threat hunting, automation, cloud builds, engineering, SIEM, penetration testing and machine learning.
Cyber Security Engineer: Duties
- Operate a 24/7 shift pattern
- Monitor security access, security events and respond to alerts
- Develop automated workflows
- Monitor, manage and configure firewall and security systems
- Champion security advice and leadership
Cyber Security Engineer: Essential Skills
- Experience of maintain security systems – Firewalls
- Event log management solutions
- Threat hunting – via log data and identification of patterns and trends
- Knowledge of switches, routers, firewalls, networks, protocols
- IPSEC, VLANs, VRF, FTP, SFTP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP
- Scripting (PowerShell, Python, VBScript)
- IPS, Anti-Virus and Patch Management solutions
Cyber Security Engineer: Desirable Skills
- Checkpoint and Sophos Firewalls technologies
- Exposure to practise and standards - NIST, OWASP, PCI, CVSS
- Incident Response, Forensics, Malware, Reverse Engineering
- Infrastructure and Application Technology – Public Cloud, Linux, Windows, Cisco and Citrix
- Develop, Deploy Network Sensors – IPS, IDS, WAF, Honeypots
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate technologist who wants to create their own career path as an expert InfoSec professional.
To apply for the role and discuss further, please apply with an updated CV and contact Ajay Hayre on 0121 260 2524.