Head of Cloud Assurance (IT Risk Managment)
Salary £80,000 - £113,000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 01 September 2018 2018-09-012018-10-31 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, an International Bank, is looknig for someone to operate as their Head of Cloud Assurance. This role will be based in London.
About the Head of Cloud Assurance (IT Risk Management) Role:
The Cloud Assurance Team Lead is responsible for ensuring strong risk management processes and controls throughout the Cloud risk management framework. You will be operating at a senior level and become a key contributor to both strategic and operational decision making by providing insight, challenge and support.
You will lead the Cloud Assurance Team, consisting of a highly skilled team of Cloud technology risk professionals who engage at all levels across the IT teams to identify, assess and manage technology risks surrounding Cloud operating models. Additionally, you will define and shape the approach to effective risk ownership and action within the business to drive risk reduction and remain within risk appetite, and support the definition of the Risk and Control management strategy and practices that will strengthen IT's performance.
• Support the development and management of the risk profile for various Cloud archetypes, including: IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), SaaS (Software as a Service).
• Develop, implement and own the Cloud risk management framework which complies with the Group’s policies and risk appetite.
• Risk assess and provide assurance on Cloud operating models and associated delivery initiatives, ensuring they are within Group’s risk appetite.
• Provide expert knowledge and guidance on internal and external management of Cloud risks and controls.
• Understand the business context of the area, strategies and support the formulation of a forward view of security risk based on expert understanding of frameworks such as NIST/COBIT.
• Perform and embed risk discovery activity. Have a view of the risk portfolio to enable risk calibration and identify risk aggregation points.
• Validate the portfolio of risk in an accurate and full representation of the known risk landscape. Primary challenge point for risk assessments.
• Play a key role in the Group’s Risk Profile Management and the material risks that contribute to the Group’s risk profile.
• Identify areas of risk and work with the business to develop appropriate controls to address these weaknesses. Provide holistic insights into the Group Policy Framework.
• Build strong relationships within Senior Management across the Group to obtain / exchange information, identify best practices and where appropriate, to respond to changes in the internal and external environment.
• Drive and develop a culture of continuous improvement in all areas to identify solutions which deliver risk remediation and mitigation within risk appetite.
• Educate the Business Unit leadership team and facilitate the identification and proactive management of their risks and controls.
Skills & Experience Needed:
• Extensive experience of IT risk management and understanding the external environment and threat landscape.
• Extensive experience of risk management for delivery and management of the IaaS, SaaS and PaaS Cloud archetypes.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of working on Private and Public Cloud operating models.
• Experience of delivering/owning IT Security/Cyber risk frameworks
If the above is interesting please apply ASAP or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.