IT Security Architect
Salary £700 - £780 per day
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 10 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, an international Financial Services outfit based in Canary Whatf are looking for an experienced IT Security Architect to join their growing team.
About the IT Security Architecture Role:
Provide technical security advice, guidance, requirements, design and review in support of all business related products and services, reporting directly to the GB Head of IT Security. Define, develop and work with key IT security controls and frameworks to ensure appropriate solution design and testing to meet the business strategic plan. Ensure that a risk-based approach to IT security is adopted in every part of the business and solutions. Partner with and act as a key stakeholder for delivery of business initiatives by other departments. Act as a SME and engage with appropriate 3rd parties and regulators as required.
As part of the IT Security team, develop and implement the client's security strategy.
Evaluate, design and implement new technology and processes to help mature the group whilst adopting a risk based design methodology.
Evolve security architecture and solution principles to support business projects.
Oversee design principles and controls relating to 3rd party solution providers.
Ratify control decisions and technical controls.
Research new security related products and services to ensure that the client is equipped with appropriate industry tools and solutions.
Promote security awareness throughout the business.
- Conduct security risk assessments for projects (including 3rd parties).
- Solution and design security into all business related projects.
- Maintain relationships with 3rd party IT security vendors and strategic partners.
Comfortable in both team environments and as an individual contributor.
Accountable for allocated deliverables.
- Execute IT Security team’s vision and mission in alignment with the overall corporate strategic objectives.Collaborate across departments and corporate levels in an effective manner.
- Sound knowledge of enterprise security concepts/ frameworks and products.
- Experience of working in financial services sector (especially banking) and knowledge of the security requirements for this sector and associated standards and frameworks.
- Extensive experience of enterprise security solutions and best practice controls for infrastructure and application architectures.
- Technical security implementation and analysis experience in a first class international business.
- Prior relevant experience gained in a security project/consultancy/infrastructure/architect orientated role.
- Experience with intelligence gathering regarding security threats.
- Experience of conducting risk assessments using best practice risk management methodologies.
- Cost effective approach to safeguarding the integrity, availability and confidentiality of data and risk mitigation.
- Any industry recognised security qualifications (e.g. ISC2,GIAC).
- Any industry recognised IT qualifications (e.g Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare).
- Any architectural or risk based qualification.
If the above is of interest please call me on 0207 509 8040 or email me on email@example.com