IT Risk Manager
Salary £75,000 - £100,000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 06 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, an International Investment Bank based in London are looking for an IT Risk Manager who has a good understanding of Operational Risk to join their growing team.
About the IT Risk Manager Role:
- Operational risk oversight for technology, systems, information security, access control & business continuity management risks
- Taking ownership of delivery of key business reports
- Providing advice and guidance to the Technology and BCM functions on risk and control matters and use of the framework
- Monitoring of Cross-Border risk profile for Technology and liaising with Global colleagues to inform the first line of defence and senior management on key risk issues
- Providing Operational Risk metrics and risk analysis output to relevant committees and governance forums
- Completion of scenario analysis
- Recording and investigation of Operational Risk Events, carrying out full root cause analysis to prevent recurrence
- Identifying key risk trends, issues and other insights requiring further investigation and following up with the Technology as appropriate
- Supporting and leading aspects of the operational risk framework development, implementation and issues
- Providing support and challenge to key business stakeholders in their development and maintenance of Operational Risk products; including: RCSAs, KRIs, events
- Providing independent expert advice to the business areas on operational risk issues
Act as the owner of regional and Global ORM Reporting, Business engagement and subject matter expert for Technology and BCM, including:
- Production and communication of a monthly Aggregated Risk Profile report to the EMEA CIO and local/global ORM.
- Engaging with all senior management and other key stakeholders with responsibility for Operational Risk Management in Technology on an appropriate frequency to maintain understanding of the function, provide operational risk expertise and support, challenge the risk profile & maintain business awareness of Operational Risk framework including key changes.
- Monitoring, escalating and communicating operational risk matters with regards to Technology to regional/global ORM heads & regional/global risk committees as required by the Operational Risk framework.
- Implement/support stakeholders in implementing processes to ensure the continual veracity of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA).
- To be the regional subject matter expert within ORM on Technology including process and operational risk exposure understanding.
Candidates for the position should have:
- Relevant experience in technology risk management (OR/audit/SOX/technology risk management) preferably in financial services institutions.
- Understanding of the role of Technology Operational Risk in a Global Markets business
- Have excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Display commercial awareness and an understanding of key business priorities.
- Have experience and understanding of the components of an operational risk management framework and their inter relationships.
Desirable but non essential attributes:
- Possess investment banking and / or capital markets knowledge and experience
- Understanding and/or qualification in IT Risk and Governance frameworks and standards
- Relevant investment and / or operational risk professional qualifications are an advantage but not essential
If you are interested in the above please apply ASAP or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.