IT Security Archtect
Salary £65,000 - £85,000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 22 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My Client, an International Bank based in London, are looking for an IT Security Architect to join their growing team.
About the IT Security Architecture Role:
The core purpose of the role is to lead a team of security consultants with deep technical , architecture and risk management skills who are embedded across the change lifecycle and business functions.
The role will grow, mature, maintain and support the information security practice and requires a dynamic individual who can balance the security needs with the business requirement to deliver world-class service to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates the client's behaviours whilst carrying out all aspects of role.
- Leads the security technology consultation, advice on technology options and develops a deep understanding of business and wider IT requirements.
- Works closely with Group to ensure global capabilities can be utilised locally, along with influencing global standards and approaches.
- Embeds the function across the project lifecycle to ensure security requirements are clear.
- Ensures the function inputs into the relevant project documentation and leads the security design of technology and processes.
- Defines and manages the local security architecture framework including principles, policies, standards, methodologies, tools, and patterns. This will be aligned to the enterprise and global architecture function.
- Ensure the architecture teams apply the framework consistently and in a meaningful way.
- Assuring all solutions and products are evaluated to meet architectural designs and are aligned and optimised to deliver the business goals in a cost effective, scalable and agile way, as well as leading the business and technical engagement to drive adoption of the IT strategy.
- Accountable for the management and governance of IT Architecture assuring compliance with the Architecture Framework, target architecture, promote re-use and assure that the solution is affordable and deliverable.
- Works with the Information Risk Management function to manage all escalations and exceptions to agreed standards.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with business stakeholders, IT & operational teams.
- Strong academics, including a minimum of 2.1 degree
- Over 10 years’ experience in design, implementation and operation of large-scale security architecture solutions in a large and complex environment.
- Knowledge of all areas of IT Security, including Identity and Access Management; Single Sign On; Secure communications and network protection; Data protection and privacy; Security Management; Audit; Cryptographic services; and Security Assurance and Maturity Assessment.
- Proven track record of experience in developing and driving the commercial characteristics of security solutions e.g. designing security architecture based on financial targets.
- Experience of designing innovative IT Security technology systems.
- Experience with e-commerce and high volume online systems
- Up-to-date knowledge of cyber and information security trends and threats facing financial services.
- Proven ability to attract, develop, retain and manage talent.
- Demonstrate good influencing, communications, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Qualifications such as CISM, CISSP, or equivalents preferred.
- Additional certifications (preferred):
- TOGAF Certified
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor/Lead Implementer
- PCI-DSS QSA, PCIP
- Languages: Fluent in English, Spanish (optional)
If the above is interested please apply ASAP or call me on 0207 509 8040 for more information.