IT Security Analyst
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 18 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, an International consultancy firm based in London, are looking for an IT Security Analyst to join their growing team.
About the IT Security Analyst Role:
As part of my client's Technology Risk Assurance team, they are looking for an individual with Cyber Security consulting experience to join the dynamic cyber team as a semi-senior in a client facing consultancy role.
They are looking for an individual with a good understanding of the fundamentals of IT/Information/Cyber security to effectively deliver an increasing portfolio of work. The role will typically focus on performing cyber controls gap/maturity assessments and control reviews as well as more technically focused technology assessments. The role will also involve supporting the Cyber Security Management team as they look to develop the proposition and grow the business.
The opportunities to develop are significant and appropriate support will be provided, including training.
- Deliver Cyber/IT Security reviews and advisory assignments to a high standard
- Understanding of business context and requirements for security controls and able to articulate security risk to non-technical and technical audiences
- Help deliver internal/external/application penetration testing
- Discuss findings with clients and obtain their buy-in to a proposed way forward.
- Keep Managers, Leadership team and colleagues up to date with status, findings and the implications from the work
- Ensure excellent client service
- Continue to develop relevant skills and capabilities
- Assist and up skill more junior staff on client engagements
- Build relationships internally, with promotion of the Cyber/IT Security services important to creating growth
- Support the Cyber Security Managers and Partner in the development of new propositions, delivery of the marketing plan and business development strategy.
- Experience in an information/cyber security role (consultancy experience)
- A strong understanding of network infrastructure such as VPNs, firewalls, switches, routers, LANs,, Intrusion Detection, vulnerability scanning etc.;
- A good understanding of cyber security concepts and systems/solutions such as IDM, DLP, SIEM SOC, SSO etc.
- A good understanding of Vulnerability and Risk Assessment approaches and methodologies
- Good understanding of the Cyber Security Strategy good practice frameworks (for example, the Cyber Security Essentials NIST CSF, CIS top 20)
- Experience performing cyber risk and control gap assessments
- Understanding of the ISO 2700X series of standards and guidelines
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis locally with potential for wider travel including international assignments.
- Excellent team player but also confident working on own initiative.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) and first rate interpersonal skills at all levels. Able to explain technological concepts and risks to non-technological audiences.
- Understanding of the PCI DSS series of standards and guidelines
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience of delivering penetration testing and vulnerability scanning assessments
- Security qualifications CREST Registered Tester, ISO 27001 Lead Implementer / Auditor, CEH
- CISSP/CISM/CISA (Exam qualified)
If the above is of interest and you want to join a company with some of the brightest minds in their respective industries then please apply ASAP or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.