Salary £50,000 - £75,000 per annum + benefits
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 13 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, a Tier 1 Investment Bank based in London are looking for an IT Auditor to join their growing team.
IT Auditor Overview:
You will be participating in internal audits within areas covering Risk and Treasury systems and Data Management, processes and projects in accordance with the Audit methodology and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks within these areas under moderate supervision.
You will also plan and execute multiple audit assignments and drafts high-quality audit findings for review by the PAM, validate closure of audit findings and management action plans (MAP) and contribute to Continuous Audit Assessments (CAA) and risk assessments, identifying and assessing key risks.
Finally, you will be working in a co-operative manner with subject matter experts and other teams from across the function to provide ‘front-to-back’ audit coverage.
- Executing day-to-day operational audit work and contributing to the delivery of audits
- Completing audit assignments, drafts audit findings for review by PAM, facilitating in finding tracking and validating closure of findings
- Executing audit fieldwork in line with the agreed audit approach e.g. documenting Activity Flows, identification of key risks and testing of key controls to determine whether they are properly designed and are operating effectively and documenting work in accordance with divisional standards
- Completing all assigned work in line with agreed budgets
- Maintaining professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas
- Partnering with other groups/teams during audit engagement to guarantee an integrated approach
- Communicating openly with divisional management and the internal stakeholders; keeping them informed of potential findings and escalating problems/delays accordingly
- Reviewing and providing expert opinions on action plans provided by stakeholders, helping them develop robust remediation plans
- Is a competent partner and challenger to stakeholders in the finding closure process
- Developing CAA MI to share with PAM for continuous monitoring and planning for the assigned portfolio
- Demonstrating personal commitment to supporting colleagues within the team
- Adhering to Bank Policies and Procedures and driving compliance within the team
Skills & Qualifications:
- IT Audit / Risk area process knowledge, experience, and an understanding of the risks and regulatory requirements in one or more of the following business/functional areas: Information Technology, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Market Risk or Data Management
- Good knowledge of auditing standards and concepts (e.g. ITIL, COBIT)
- Sound understanding of investment banking control environment and compliance findings in the banking/finance industry
- Familiarity with operational requirements of an investment bank and experience in building and managing effective relationships
- Able to work in virtual, global teams in a matrix organisation
- Solid relationship management, analytical, problem solving, communication, influencing, planning and presentation skills
- Professional/industry recognised qualifications e.g. CISA, CRISC, CIA, Prince2, ITIL etc.
If the above role sounds interesting and you want to find out more please call me on 0207 509 8040 or on firstname.lastname@example.org. Either way please apply to the role at your earliest convenience.