Information Security Officer
Salary £75,000 - £82,000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 19 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, an International Bank, is looking for an Information Security Officer to join their growing team in London.
About the Information Security Officer Role:
This role will be part of the Group Information Technology Risk Management (GITRM) International organization and will be responsible for Information Security & Technology Risk Management oversight & execution for all lines of business in London and also engage in rollout of initiatives for GITRM.
Knowledge and Skills:
Describe special knowledge, subject matter expertise, accreditation / credentials, professional designations, skills, years of related work experience, human relations skills, type of education or degree needed to be successful on this job.
- 7+ years of experience in information security or related discipline. Financial industry experience preferred
- Degree in Engineering - computer science/electrical/electronic/Information Systems or equivalent.
- Information Security Certifications preferred, CISSP, CISM, CISA
- Ability to prioritize, execute tasks and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively through a range of mediums, to various audiences, in a way that demonstrates subject-matter knowledge.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills-- with the demonstrated ability to engage and persuade stakeholders to take action and make decisions that aim to further business objectives.
- Strong service management and service delivery orientation
- Strong conceptual skills; ability to deal with ambiguity; creativity; lateral thinker
- Ability to assist the desk with position management roles (returns management and collateral cover etc.)
- Be able to troubleshoot issues relating to international settlements and cash management issues.
- Break resolution (reconciliations)
- Ability to identify, resolve and or escalate problems
- Serves as the primary Interface to the Information Security (IS) organization supporting Lines of businesses, operations and technology
- Serves as the IS Officer for the business partners to share emerging risks and focus areas with business and technology management teams
- Implement and monitor corporate IS policies/programs within lines of business, to ensure timely program delivery and manage risk within tolerance
- Partner with the Technology teams to ensure implementation and sustainability of controls
- Partner with the Supplier risk management team to ensure remediation of risks
- Develop strong understanding of underlying technical requirements of the technical IS standards, identification of security gaps and provide consultation to the businesses for remediation options
- Maintain and enhance status as a subject matter expert for all IS matters
- Partner with the IS Operations team to provide support on investigations and incident response
- Provide oversight to ensure that processes and projects are completed in a timely manner
- Monitor risk exceptions, and resolutions, in response to security events, assessment and audit results
- Maintain and socialize the status of IS program and initiatives within lines of businesses
- Respond to security events by initiating and coordinating actions needed to protect the business and its clients
- Provides expert advice to the business on current IS and Cyber threats affecting the business and clients
- Engage with regulators and auditors on Information Security and TRM matters.
If the above is of interest and you want to find out more please contact me on 0207 509 8040 or email me on email@example.com