Information Security Attack Monitoring Analyst
Salary £55000 - £70000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 15 February 2017
An International Investment Bank in London is looking to hire an Information Security Attack Monitoring Analyst to join their growing team.
About the Information Security Security Attack Monitoring Role:
As a direct report to the Senior Incident Manager, the role is responsible for being part of a multi-functional team providing the technical services that deliver a world class Joint Operations Centre function. You will be engaging in critical security activities which will ultimately drive security improvements and have a positive impact on security culture across the client and any dependent Business Divisions by providing its common, services and by sharing best practice. You will be providing support to operational teams and to brief on the information security threat landscape to senior management when required.
Decision-making and Problem Solving:
- Incident management skills including effective crisis communication, the use of formal problem solving techniques, and pro-active identification of cross functional threats/issues
- Good working knowledge of key tools; e.g. ServiceNow, Rapide, Alarmpoint, MS Sharepoint etc.
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team in the delivery of incident management services to the client
- Responsible for assisting in the review of events, including notification, escalation response and post incident review
- Delivers the execution of triage controls to detect and prevent attackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardising e-commerce programs
- Delivers recommendations and actions to improve the detection, escalation, containment and resolution of security incidents
Key Information Security Attack Monitoring Analyst Responsibilities:
- Consolidate situation awareness of incidents and determine key initial risk impact analysis (impact mapping etc.) for reporting and subsequent updating
- Act as a focal point for all physical security escalations, through management of Hotlines, Team Mailbox and in-person escalations
- Ensure escalations are made in accordance with agreed procedures, and tolerances, to meet Joint Operation Centre (JOC) user requirements
- Maintain an excellent understanding of reported security incidents, trends and vulnerabilities
- Perform incident response duties and triage incidents for escalation to appropriate subject matter expert teams
- Be highly committed both to achieving the deliverables and to the team itself
- Have the discipline and interpersonal skills to work well in a global environment, complementing teams in other locations
- Instil a culture of quality and continuous improvement to enhance the experience of customers, colleagues, communities and company
- Ensure service offerings satisfy and exceed Stakeholders’ requirements and expectations
- Identify good practice across all locations and to identify and remove unnecessary duplication of effort/services
- Increase automation for all operational processes
- Represent Physical Security interests in internal JOC planning
- Shift work to ensure 24x7x365 coverage
Technical Skills / Competencies:
- A good understanding of security processes and technologies including; Threat Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Monitoring, Compliance Auditing, and IDS
- A good technical understanding of the threats against the financial industry of both a physical and other methods such as Cyber
- Confident, with the ability to remain calm, controlled and focused in pressure situations
- Ability to identify operational risks and issues in a fast time environment, and take proportionate and appropriate actions
- Ability to write summary reports based on complex data with accuracy, brevity, and speed whilst reporting to the highest levels of the organisation
- A good understanding of and keen interest in geopolitics, international security and current affairs.
- A good understanding of the Corporate, Physical Security Environment
- Previous experience in a Security Control Room environment is desirable
- UK Security Clearance (preferable)
This International Financial Services firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Information Security Attack Monitoring Analyst role.
Apply today or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.