Information Security Architect
Salary £550 - £600 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 24 November 2016
An International Investment Bank is looking for an experienced Information Security Architect to join their growing team.
About the Information Security Architect Role:
The Global IT Security & Technical Risk Operations are currently looking for IT Security Architect based in the London Head office to be responsible for the continual development and improvements to the architecture patterns and methodologies. The right candidate will provide specific security-related guidance and recommendations, and establish architectural standards and practices in order to design and improve the quality and resiliency of the organisations cyber defences.
The role will support the creation, analysis, and promotion of Security Architecture principles, practices, and delivering these across the global organisation. The role will partner closely with the technology architecture teams, Information Risk Management teams, and the application development teams to maintain and enhance the organisations secure computing environment
- Overall system security Design Authority for the security architecture of the system, working in conjunction with Global Technology architecture teams
- Defining security organisational structure, security processes, security technical subsystems and components, implementation and integration within the overall wider systems integration projects
- Presentation of security solution and designs to senior managemen
- Working within Global Technology projects to develop and deliver the core security architecture. Ensuring that the organisation deliver these security requirements, within budget
- Ensuring that technology risks are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Proven ability to lead and deliver security projects
- Ability to explain business principles of secure system designs in terms of business risk
- Demonstrable experience of secure system design and implementation
- Understanding of the principles of best practice security as embodied in NIST
- Solid and demonstrable comprehension of Information Security including malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management
- Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with demonstrable ability to debate issues, stand firm on principles yet remain sensitive to business/technology drivers
- Subject matter expert (SME) in one or multiple areas such as Windows, Unix, Network, Cloud security, Mobile device, threat detection analysis, or information risk management
- Ability to think strategically, work with a sense of urgency and pay attention to detail
- Ability to deliver detailed process and procedure documentation
- Ability to present complex solutions and methods to general community
- Demonstrated ability to be reliable and flexible
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organisational skills
- Outstanding work ethic
- Strong team player that collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources
- Understanding of network design principles with and knowledge of the OSI model
- Ability to rapidly find, assimilate and correlate information correctly while under pressure
- CISSP or SANS GIAC certification
- Experience working on global teams across time zones, cultures, and languages
- TOGAF Architecture Development
- Threat Modelling
- Application Security Controls (e.g. OWASP Top (10))
- Authentication and Authorisation for both internal and cloud based architecture
- Vulnerability Management
- SDLC methodologies (AGILE, Waterfall)
If you are driven, determined and want to join a company that has the backing of some of the brightest minds in their respective industry then this role is for you.
Apply today or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.