Information Security Consultant
Salary £45000 - £75000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 02 November 2016
An International Consultancy based in London is looking for an Information Security Consultant to join their growing team.
About the Information Security Consultant Role:
My client is seeking to recruit an experienced Information Security consultants who wish to develop their career by leading engagements across my client’s customer base. The business employs individuals who are able to establish trust and confidence when doing business and be able to carry out personal transactions and have a duty of responsibility to ensure customer, partner, and third party information is adequately protected.
The organisation prides itself on helping companies manage, protect and make the most of their information assets in order to build strong relationships, brands and reputations. This means demonstrating integrity in the way that data is handled and building confidence in the measures in place to mitigate cyber threats.
Key Information Security Consultant responsibilities:
- Define and implement Security Strategy and Roadmap
- Demonstrated experience in successfully shaping and implementing security programmes
- Define, Implement and support information security policies and procedures across all business units
- Strong knowledge on UK Data Protection Act, European Data Protection directives and other privacy regulations and controls
- Experience of PCI-DSS assessment and control implementation
- Security architecture, design and implementation
- Identity and Access Management
- In-depth understanding of network and system security technology and practices across all major-computing areas (Network, Firewalls, Client Server, PC/LAN, telephony) with a special emphasis on Cyber Security
- Experience in defining and deploying risk management frameworks
- Experience on ISO 27001 Information Security Management system, and conducting Risk Assessments
- Understanding of DLP and eDiscovery tools as well as mapping Data Flows and processes
- Cyber Security assessments, implementation or cyber frameworks (e.g. NIST) - including any past experience with security operations and knowledge of SIEM solutions
- Experience with business continuity planning, auditing, and risk management, as well as contract and vendor negotiation.
- Desirable - Security certifications such as CISA, CISSP, CISM and CRISC
With a background in Information Security you will be well used to working in a team that delivers results and performs well under pressure. Working on previous DLP projects would be advantageous. Consulting experience is of course a great advantage to have.
If you are driven, determined and want to join a company that has the backing of some of the brightest minds in their respective industry then this role is for you. Apply today or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.