Information Security Engineer
Salary £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus & Training Budget
Consultant Andy Curzon
Date posted 31 October 2016
A new role has become available for a Information Security Engineer within an industry leading Financial Services business based in their Manchester office. This role offers an excellent package for Information Security Engineer.
Key Information Security Engineer Responsibilities/Experience:
- Proactive monitoring, identification & mitigation of security vulnerabilities
- Managing and maintaining firewall rules
- Liaising with third parties to ensure IDS/IPS information is monitored and events captured
- Assessment, planning, co-ordination and implementation of system patching, server hardening and firewall management activities to improve system security & availability
Desirable technical skills and experience that will benefit this role are as follows:
- Experience working within recognised Information Security frameworks & best practices such as ISO27001, NIST etc
- Knowledge of network protocols, architecture and information security standards & procedures
- Endpoint security products, email scanners, anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Microsoft Windows Server operating systems and the configuration and management of AD, DNS, DHCP, DFS, IIS
- Microsoft Exchange Server setup, configuration and maintenance
- Microsoft SQL Server setup, configuration and security
- Linux configuration and security management
- VMware & Citrix technologies
- Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems
- Cisco networking products
- ITIL certified or strong working knowledge of IT Operational processes
You will be joining an established team within our fast growing Technology Services department and will benefit from our extensive in-house training programme whilst also being encouraged to study for professional qualifications which we will support.
Progression is certainly possible within the company as the team is growing, the team is also very focused on providing training where needed in order to expand your knowledge across the company.
If you have a background in systems administration and a strong grounding in networking/server administration and are looking for a fresh challenge in a successful growing business, this is the right role for you.
If this is a Information Security Engineer role that sounds of interest and a good fit for your experience please don’t hesitate in getting in touch with me today on 0161 214 7423 or email email@example.com