Head of Information Security-Big Data
Salary £80000 - £95000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 12 October 2016
An International Investment Bank based in London is looking for an experienced Head of Information Security to join their growing team.
About the Head of Information Security-Big Data Role:
You will be responsible for the delivery of a multi-faceted security project, primarily focused on information security risk, which forms part of the programme to deliver the Financial Intelligence Platform (FIPL). FIPL is a ‘big data’ project that seeks to aggregate (physically and virtually) all profile and transaction data (approximately 65 million clients and 7bn transactions per annum). The data will be stored and processed on Hadoop clusters, structured using Ab Initio and ingested into a range of analytical tools from SAS and BAES Applied Intelligence.
The security of the platform and the controls associated with the user base are absolutely paramount in ensuring that FIPL is successfully delivered and managed. Moreover, you will be identifying the specific risks and vulnerabilities associated with new to bank technologies as part of a broader platform and with aggressive delivery targets.
You will also be establishing security processes and protocols that go beyond, and may conflict with, the client’s current standards in order to provide the requisite level of security assurance to senior stakeholders including Line of Business and Global Function COOs.
Head of Information Security-Big Data Key Responsibilities/Skills:
- Subject matter expertise in a range of security areas
- The ability and enthusiasm to develop subject matter expertise in new areas
- Excellent organisational skills with a strong track record of successful delivering security projects
- Strong relationship management and persuading and influencing skills
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial and autonomous
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and process design skills
- Resourceful, creative and inquisitive approach to highly complex tasks
- Good written communication skills and attention to detail
- Accurately prioritising between the competing demands of a security project and live security processes
- Strong team player with leadership experience or potential
- Robust, accountable and reliable
- (Desirable) Understanding the client’s policy framework for security
- (Desirable) Understanding of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Ab Initio, SAS, BAES Applied Intelligence technologies
- (Desirable) Experience/knowledge of intelligence analytics
This International Investment Bank needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the Head of Information Security-Big Data role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Information Security Job.
Apply today or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.