Cyber Security Incident Reponse Manager
Salary £450 - £550 per day
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 30 September 2016
My client, an Internatinal Consultancy firm based in London, are looking for an Incident Response Manager to join them on a temp basis.
This role will be working in the Cyber Defence Services (CDS) Team within the cyber security department which is part of the Risk Consulting practice. Their clients need to deal effectively with technology related risks and derive maximum value from data and documentation.
About the Incident Response Manager role:
This role will involve supporting the incident response practise including all elements of risk management, training and capability requirements as well as delivery of incident response services and support to clients
- Management and coordination of cyber security incidents on behalf of clients
- Assisting clients with the development, implementation and testing/exercising of incident management good practice
Project management of engagements to deliver high quality work in a timely manner to include:
- Scoping, Financial management, Engagement and risk management and Production and review of deliverables
- Liaising with clients on delivery, implementation and sales issues.
- Identifying and developing constructive client relationships, both inside and outside of this firm
- Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge
- Supporting leadership of the team in embedding effective working practices
Experience and Background:
- Experience of dealing with cyber security incidents and associated response measures
- Evidence of having mitigated and contained the impact of cyber security incidents
- Experience of being part of an incident response team, either holding a formal role, or being able to evidence their personal contribution to the tea
- Experience in and an understanding of the Cyber risks faced by clients within a specific industry and the impact to their business
- Proven ability to identify and assess complex information protection risks and controls
- Understanding of a wide range of information security and IT methodologies, principles, technologies and techniques
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory context within which incident response must be managed
- A genuine interest and desire to work in the information security field.
Qualifications and Skills:
- MSc in Information Security, IT or relevant subject (preferred)
- Hold a certified incident manager qualification or be able to demonstrate comparable experience
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), negotiation and project management skills
With a background as an Incident Response Manager, you will be well used to working in a team that delivers results and performs well under pressure.
If you are driven, determined and want to join a company that has the backing of some of the brightest minds in their respective industry then this role is for you
Apply today or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.