Functions IT Auditor
Salary £80000 - £100000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 27 September 2016
An exciting Functions Technology IT Auditor in London has just become available at one of the most respected Investment Banks in London. Reporting directly into the IT Audit Manager, this role offers outstanding career progression for an IT Auditor who is a leader in their field.
About the IT Audit Team Lead Role:
In this business critical role, you will be working collaboratively with others to develop strong client relationships and support delivery of the client’s Audit Plans. You will execute and at times manage execution of audit work as well as contribute to maintenance and risk assessment of the audit universe and audit coverage strategy.
- Perform continuous monitoring of relevant areas in the business
- Monitor, follow-up on and assess the resolution of audit issues
- Contribute to the audit opinion
- Contribute to evaluating the enterprise risk framework, policies and standards
- Contribute to evaluating the management control approach and control environment of relevant business areas
- Manage the audit coverage for an assigned section of the team portfolio, including proposing an audit plan, scoping audits, managing ongoing monitoring, and maintaining the client’s internal audit view of the control environment and management control approach for the area.
- Scope audit assignments including preparation of the scoping document
- Manage audit work to ensure that relevant risks and controls have been identified and appropriately assessed
- Review and direct control evaluation (and perform evaluation when appropriate)
- Review and complete documentation of scoping, process understanding, risk & control identification, control evaluation and observations in the client’s audit toolkit
- Support management in identifying resolutions for control issues identified
- Continue to update awareness of risk issues and changes across relevant business units and use this knowledge to amend audit approach where necessary
- Provide complete, accurate and timely information to clients for their internal audit reporting
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by the Director/Managing Director
- Strong practical knowledge of Technology and/or Functions risk and control, including applications and/or technology processes (e.g. software development lifecycle or data management)
- Specialist knowledge of regulatory requirements, including one or more of the following: Dodd Frank, Volcker, Reg. W, FATCA, CCAR, BCBS 239
- Proven experience in risk based Functions Technology auditing or risk/control activities within a Functions Technology environment
- Applicable knowledge of Credit, Market, Conduct and Operational risks and controls, including AML/Sanctions
- Management of audits, including audit planning and delivery, across multiple locations
- Ability to engage and build relationships with senior client management
- Experience of leading and developing individuals/teams
- Proven track record of high performance in previous roles
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC)
- Financial services industry business process knowledge, in particular relating to Functions
- Knowledge about Risk, Compliance, Financial and Regulatory Reporting
With a background in IT Audit working in a team that delivers results and performs well under pressure. Previous team leadership experience is important as well.
If you are driven, determined and want to join a company that has the backing of some of the brightest minds in their respective industry then this role is for you. Apply today or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.