Information Security Controls Manager
Salary £75000 - £90000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 20 September 2016
A Global Investment Bank in London is looking to add an Information Security Controls Manager to join their growing team. An Information Security Controls Manager role has just become available at one of the most prestigious global Investment Banks based in London. This role offers outstanding career progression for an Information Security Controls Manager who is a leader in their field.
About the Information Security Controls Manager Role:
An Information Security Controls Manager has just become available with a Global Investment Bank. You will be principally responsible for defining and improving the controls managed by their central functions team to deliver risk mitigation in line with the client’s requirements. The Central Controls team is a recently created team to deliver the GIS strategic goals related to controls effectiveness and efficiency as well as risk reporting and automation.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
- Lead stakeholder identification and engagement both internally to Global Information Security and across all Businesses
- Lead the assurance that central Controls meet the design and operational requirements of all Businesses. Facilitate the interface between Businesses and Central Control Operators to ensure the right Control is delivering the expected level of coverage against identified Policy documents
- Manage identification of Control Gaps and identification of candidate Owners for those Controls. The candidate must have experience in identifying control gaps and provide, preferably in an Audit function
- Manage provision of MI on central Controls for BU Key Control Indicators and Key Risk Indicators
- Lead statistical analysis of the identified Controls landscape to determine how business performance can be improved (continuous improvement opportunities), and provide statistical substantiated evidence of the risk environment
- Lead the automation of transactional activities across the Cyber risk management Team (CIRM) where existing manual activity prevails
- Identify where new automation opportunities are present, with appropriate solutions and present to senior stakeholders for adoption
- Provide coaching and knowledge sharing to Central Controls colleagues in order to up skill the team
Your Skills and Qualifications will include:
- Strong academic background, educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Candidates holding a current CISSP qualification are preferable
- Professional qualifications also desired are CISM, CISA (or similar)
- Experience of COBIT, ISO27001, ISF/IRAM and other relevant frameworks
- Information risk / operational / cyber risk, especially relating to Policies covering Information Security and associated genres (primarily 5 policies)
- Business reporting including associated technical and statistical skills
- Structured problem solving, effectiveness/efficiency skills and qualifications (e.g. Six Sigma)
- Project Management
- Production of high-quality communication outputs through varied outputs and sophisticated level of communication skills
- Personal Resilience in a fast-pace, complex and evolving environment
- Very strong experience of business reporting tools and extensive use of MS Office suite
With a background in IT Security Controls in this area you will be well used to working in a team that delivers results and performs well under pressure.
If you are driven, determined and want to join a company that has the backing of some of the brightest minds in their respective industry then this role is for you.
Apply today or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.