Information Security Specialist
Salary £70000 - £80000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 05 September 2016
An Information Security Specialist role has just become available at one of the most respected Airline firms based in West Sussex. Reporting directly to the Head of Information Security, this role offers outstanding career progression for a Security Specialist who is a leader in their field.
About the Information Security Specialist role:
As an IT Security Specialist, you will ensure that corporate information and IT assets are protected and that security risk is effectively managed. You will play an important role in identifying threats, managing risks and maintaining best practice right across the business. You will also ensure that security processes within Business Change and Technology are defined and are functioning effectively.
- Own the Information Technology, Governance and security control framework for Business Change and Technology
- Security consulting on technical projects
- Actively monitor and respond to security events and conduct security event and trend analysis to support the production of reports and statistics
- Support security vulnerability assessments and penetration testing and ensure that security related actions are implemented by responsible teams in a timely manner
- Where required, assess external partners to ensure that their IT processes and technology meet our required operating standards and contractual requirements
- Assess potential solutions for security issues and test them for both technical and business compatibility
- Ensure that security implications are considered and acted upon in every change project as it moves from idea, through feasibility to delivery
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate should possess strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in analysing information (structured and unstructured, across a diverse set of information sources, to identify insider threat risks.
- Typically holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration
- Strong knowledge of ISO27001 /SANS CSC, PCIDSS, OWASP / Web threats and Mitigations, ISO27001 /SANS CSC, Working knowledge of APIs
- Good level of knowledge across a number of information security technologies
- Experienced in risk management methodologies and processes
- Able to demonstrate a pragmatic approach to security that balances risk with business operational performance
- Understands the security and governance principles, policies and industry best practices
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences at various levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An eye for detail and can able to step back and see the “big picture”
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritise and multi-task. A good team player who proactively shares knowledge
- Ideally some previous Airline Industry experience would be advantageous
The role involves working closely with the client’s senior staff and external stakeholders potentially working with other Operating Companies within their Group.
You will have experience and knowledge of IT Security including OWASP/web threats. This is a role for someone who can step back and see the big picture, applying a commercial mindset to risks and who is also comfortable immersing themselves in the detail to establish and monitor controls.
With a background in Information Security you will be well used to working in a team that delivers results and performs well under pressure.
If you are driven, determined and want to join a company that has the backing of some of the brightest minds in their respective industry then this role is for you.
Apply today or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.