Information and Cyber Risk Manager
Salary £55000 - £70000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 31 August 2016
An exciting Information and Cyber Risk Manager role has just become available at one of the most respected Global Investment Banks in London. Reporting directly to the Head of Information Risk Manager, this role offers outstanding career progression for a IT Cyber Risk manager who is a leader in their field.
About the Information and Cyber Risk Manager role:
The overall purpose of the role is to drive robust information and cyber risk management practices through provision of a comprehensive “first line of defence” service to the business, including provision of subject matter expertise (SME) on matters relating to information and cyber risk management as well as assessment of information and cyber risks associated with technology projects, solutions and changes.
Information and Cyber Risk Manager Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
- Identify and assess key cyber and information risk management risks and support executive accountability for significant issues, audit observations and other matters arise
- Support the evaluation and assessment of technology and business initiatives for all aspects of information and cyber risk, providing guidance and recommendations on control requirements in accordance with policy, standards and risk appetite
- Ensure adequate monitoring capability is incorporated into solutions in order to provide information and cyber risk metrics and key risk indicators
- Use risk management principles to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information is safeguarded in accordance with the bank’s operating model and risk appetite
- Monitor compliance with policy and standards and drive the closure of gaps
- Identify and assess key information risk management risks arising from significant events, audit observations, investigations and control issues
- Participate in regular information risk management reviews on third parties schedules as required, to ensure continued alignment to information risk management policies
Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Experience of working within information security, including infrastructure security architectures and configurations, application/database security, encryption mechanisms, logical data/information storage techniques, data management and mobile technologies
- Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships at a senior level
- Resilience, able to influence senior management when dealing with complex and competing objectives
- Understanding of relevant regulatory environment
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience:
- Information or Cyber Risk background
- Experience of working within information or cyber risk field, including systems audit or internal controls, preferably in the financial sector
- Strong academic background, educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Relevant privacy/information risk qualifications e.g. CISA, CISSP, CISM
- Experience of COBIT, ISO27001, ISF/IRAM, DAMA and other relevant frameworks
- Information risk / operational risk, especially in relation to Logical Access Management, Information Classification, Data Leakage Prevention and Data Management
If you are driven, determined and want to join a company that has the backing of some of the brightest minds in their respective industry then this role is for you.
With a background in Information and Cyber Risk Security you will be well used to working in a team that delivers results and performs well under pressure.
Apply today or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.