Junior UX Designer
Salary £20,000 - £24,000 per annum
Location North West EnglandFULL_TIME
Consultant Jack Gregory
Date posted 27 November 20192019-11-27 2020-01-26 it Central Manchester GB M3 3HF GBP 20000 24000 24000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you a Junior UX Designer looking to work for one of Manchester's hottest start-ups? My client, a Global Software Solutions firm are growing at a rapid rate, and are moving into International Markets that include the US, Asia and Australia! You'll play a fundamental role in shaping the future of how customers interact with my client's products, making a real impact in a forward-thinking and progressive business.
My client, a rapidly expanding tech start-up in Central Manchester, are looking for a Junior UX Designer with a passion for all things UI/UX to join at a time of international expansion as they take their software product into new markets. Working within the IT team, you'll play a fundamental role in ensuring that their product suite is as attractive, accessible and as seamless a-user experience as possible. This role will see the successful candidate play a huge role in developing a business that has been nominated for numerous Business Awards for their innovative approach and employee well-being standards!
- Create story-boards, site-maps and process flows in order to illustrate your design concepts.
- Build web page buttons, search fields and other auxiliary functions.
- Design GUI functions that include, but are not limited to; tabs; menus and widgets.
- Responsibility for development of UI prototypes and UI Mock-ups to ensure clear illustration of how web-pages should function and 'look and feel'.
- Develop graphic designs using original images, sketches and tables.
- Present your drafts/concepts to internal teams. Using feedback, ensure that you action as appropriate.
- Stakeholder Management as standard; the ability to form healthy relationships with cross-functional teams if of fundamental importance in this role.
- Trouble-shoot issues with UI/UX development; such as responsiveness, non-functioning elements etc.
- Action layout adjustments where appropriate, based on feedback.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience.
- A portfolio of previous design projects to showcase.
- Knowledge of wire-framing; balsamiq, InVision etc.
- Proficient use of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch tools (or equivalent)
If you're a Junior UX Designer looking for a new role in Central Manchester, get in touch today!