AWS Dev Ops Engineer
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum + Additional Benefits
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 05 September 20192019-09-05 2019-11-04 it Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 40000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Global Investments Organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced AWS Dev Ops Engineer to join their Growing but Established Technology Practice. This is a permanent role based in Manchester
The AWS DevOps engineer is responsible for the support, and continuous improvement of the high-availability of AWS platforms which run a number of our business-critical customer facing applications.
Working within the DevOps team, the role will be responsible for day to day management of the AWS platform and directly influence its efficient operation, via automation and full support of the cloud-based infrastructure.
In addition to ongoing design and implementation of improvements and agile changes to the platform, there is also the requirement to plan, develop and introduce changes to within AWS in order to support future migration of services to the cloud.
The role will also take responsibility for supporting the third-party integration layer between the AWS platform and hosted application and our transactional platform, as well as provide application support for the existing customer facing site.
- AWS engineering protocols and principles
- Understand Full Development suite including JAVA, REACT and DRUPAL (CMS)
- Infrastructure modelling and design
- Experience of supporting complex platforms which utilise cross system technology stacks and middleware
- Performance modelling
- Contribute towards the delivery of both short and longer-term technology roadmaps and define strategies for delivery and maintenance
- Understand Pipeline delivery of change through Build, QA and production, including automation and build