Principal/Lead Software Engineer
Salary £76,000 - £81,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 08 August 20192019-08-08 2019-10-07 it Leeds West Yorkshire GB GBP 76000 81000 81000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This global financial organisation are looking for a Principal/Lead Software Engineer who will help reshape their technology landscape and build extensive capabilities across their platforms and people.
This global financial organisation is looking for a Principal/Lead Software Engineer who will help reshape their technology landscape and build extensive capabilities across our platforms and people.
- You will be hands on taking on a technical engineering role, supporting the building, developing and maintaining of a highly productive software engineering team delivering high quality solutions.You will take ownership for the technical strategy and direction, help define and shape backlogs.
- You will also have a strong background in modern Software Engineering, integration and introduction of 3rd Party packages/tools.
- Turn concepts into highly available applications and systems using modern languages and platforms
- Actively lead on application architecture, data flows and detailed technical design. Ensure that analysis includes the wider view of technical and business impact.
- Take accountability for code quality, security and scalability and have an equal grasp of the overall systems you and your team will be working on and how it meets the needs of the end users and customers.
- Understand the importance of non-functionals such as real-time monitoring, good alert design and great logging strategies (perhaps using grafana, ELK, Splunk, statsd, etc).
- Ensuring systems perform well to deliver the best user experience possible is something you consider as part of the normal delivery process.
- Support the implementation of continuous integration to enhance deployment processes.
Technical skills required
- Experience of modern technologies, DevOps, and agile development practices;
- Technical and practical usage skills in
. Net (C#) would be an advantage