Capacity and Performance Engineer
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum + Benefits
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 07 August 20192019-08-07 2019-10-06 it Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Global Financial Investments Organisation current has an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Capacity and Performance Engineer to join their Growing but Established Technology Practice. This is a permanent role based in Manchester.
The purpose of this role is to perform a critical support function to the Commercial IT business area, specifically around analysis and investigation into capacity and performance of our customer facing platforms.
Reporting into the DevOps Operational Support Lead, the role requires working towards the resolution of know capacity/performance issues as well as using tools and analysis to highlight and deliver preventative changes.
- Ability to perform detailed Impact Analysis of complex incidents spanning multiple platforms
- Application log analysis, using common linux/unix CLI tools such as grep and regular expressions in order to quickly and efficiently extract key details. Strong transferrable scripting skills are essential in this area to ensure speedy analysis and extraction of key data.
- Ability to recreate issues using JMeter / Gatling / Loadrunner in order to recreate an issue,
- Ability to document issues and raise (Jira) tickets with the required team to investigate and resolve, whilst retaining overall ownership of tracking and managing the issues raised
- Ability to understand (java) code to the level where it is possible to collaborate on defining metrics for Prometheus and Grafana
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Preferably has advanced knowledge of Commercial Applications, business units, operational functions, operating systems
- Strong experience working in and financial or regulated environment, and supporting regulated change
- Knowledge and understanding of the solutions delivery life cycle and appropriate systems (internal and external) used to manage delivery of small change requests.
- Experience using investigative tools such as Splunk to perform in-depth analysis trends and underlying application issues.
- A strong understanding of a full stack ecosystem including:
- Application Servers and APIs
- Third party services and data feeds
- Infrastructure, Networks and Operating systems
- Cloud-based infrastructure and services such as AWS
- Experience using tools, including the following
- App Dynamics
- JMX and JVisualVM