Project Manager - Minor Enhancements - Fixed Term Contract
Salary Up to £50,000 per annum
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 27 June 20192019-06-27 2019-08-26 it Liverpool Merseyside GB GBP 50000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Global Financial Services Organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Project Manager to join their Growing but Established Technology Practice. This is a Fixed Term Contract for a minimum of 6 Months.
To manage the requirements identification, analysis, design, functional testing, service release control and validation and implementation of a range of Business and IT infrastructure projects.
- Act as leader of small/medium sized projects as allocated by the Team Manager.
- Undertake the analysis of business and IT processes and produce appropriate documented IT solutions, as required for IT change.
- Document and communicate project and system requirements, issues and actions to both internal and external persons in a flexible and adaptable manner depending on situation/individual concerned
- Assist the business in the preparation of Change Proposals. Identify the objective of any IT change, the impact the change will have on existing infrastructure and users, the business benefits arising from the change, and an estimate of cost and timescale to deliver.
- Test solutions in conjunction with other IT teams and business users to ensure that they meet with agreed deliverables
- Liaise with software and hardware service providers and other IT teams to effect speedy and appropriate correction of faults and the installation of circulated enhancements/upgrades to Systems. Liaise with other external agencies to effect necessary computer communication/data exchange affecting Systems
- Build good working relationships and share knowledge with other members of your assigned team, and thus provide a seamless service to the users of specific business functionality.
- Appreciate the needs of business users and help your team manager align IT services to meet these in the most appropriate and cost effective way.
- Develop a close relationship with members of the IT services department and other key members of the business projects team.
- Ensure the project submissions page and register are kept up to date for those projects you are responsible for and ensure all mandated fields are complete. Attach mandated documentation to each project.
- Provide your Team Manager with a record of your weekly activities to enable review and analysis by IT Management.
- Through self-learning, reading all relevant documentation and attending formal training sessions acquire the knowledge and skills for your role.
- Maintain an awareness of the professional and personal services offered by the Rathbones Group, and be familiar with the regulatory requirements governing these requirements in order to assist the Group in its compliance.
Take responsibility for continuing own professional development.
- Previous experience in project/programme management
- Prince 2 or equivalent qualification
- Business Analysis skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong time management with a proactive approach to the job
- Ability to resolve conflict at all levels of the organisation