Senior Software Engineer
Consultant Lawrence Matthews
Date posted 17 June 20192019-06-17 2019-08-16 it Manchester Greater Manchester MediaCityUK, Salford GB M50 2NT GBP 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The BBC has partnered with Robert Walters, looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer to join the BBC’s Children’s team based in MediaCityUK.
The BBC’s Children’s team deliver amazing digital experiences that inform, educate, entertain and inspire the nation’s children.
We develop the CBBC, Newsround, CBeebies and Own It websites, working with some of the UK’s most popular children’s programme brands. We are currently hiring developers who would like to join our purpose led teams tasked with reimagining the short form video proposition for our users, and the wider BBC Online.
Based in Bridge House at MediaCityUK, our teams are focussed on creating world-class experiences for our young audience. We believe and invest in our people and provide a collaborative environment for autonomous, cross-functional, agile teams to deliver value.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will develop software solutions that are used by millions of users. We don’t expect anyone to have experience of all the below, this gives an example of the technologies and practices we value:
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Test Driven Development / Behaviour Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Cloud and Serverless Architectures
- Pair/Mob programming
Are you the right candidate?
We’d love to talk to you if you:
- Have a good understanding of full stack web development and are willing to learn new technologies on the job
- Have a passion for technology and a constant desire to learn
- Care about code quality
- Have an understanding of agile practices and principals (Kanban, Scrum, XP)
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers, fostering best engineering practises
- Have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious individuals to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities– our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community– we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- A variety of technical challenges– we work across a wide range of platforms, languages and technologies; from the latest frameworks and open standards, to the newest devices and modern cloud platforms.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Jonathan Basnett at Lawrence.email@example.com or +44(0)161 214 7423.