Consultant Simon Hockridge
Date posted 15 May 20192019-05-15 2019-07-14 financial-services Glasgow Glasgow GB GBP 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
The role of Developer to support the organisation its journey towards digital and operational excellence through improved information management, automation and integration. Working hands-on scoping, developing, realising, launching and supporting projects, using a wide range of technologies.
- Collaborate with other functions across the organisation to implement innovative solutions.
- Inject innovation and automation into the way we manage information in the organisation.
- Work closely with stakeholders to gather and validate business requirements and produce specifications where required.
- Development, maintenance and integration of both bespoke systems and third-party systems.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Work to project plans, milestones and estimates to deliver projects and changes on time.
- Owning and ensuring resolution of assigned support issues, within agreed timescales.
- Scoping and estimating of projects and changes within the remit of your technology when required.
- Assisting our team with technical troubleshooting as required, if other team members are not able to resolve themselves.
- Keeping up-to-date on technologies related to job role, pro-actively and as directed.
- Engage with all teams within the company regularly and in a collaborative manner.
- Provide support and guidance at IT project related workshops and technical support, input and guidance to new technology initiatives.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in working in Agile and distributed team structures to deliver solutions.
- Ability to understand high-level technical architecture and be able to facilitate debate and drive decisions on appropriate solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of OOP and design principles for building scalable applications, including design and architectural patterns.
- Knowledge in developing web application using .Net framework including but not limited to ASP.Net (MVC), C# and ADO.NET.
- Experience with SSRS, SQL.
- Familiarity with TDD and automation.
- Good Awareness of Dev Ops – including Continuous Integration and Delivery using Agile Configuration Management, Environment Management, Release Management practices.