Salary £45,000 - £58,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 08 March 2019 2019-03-082019-05-07 it Cheshire Cheshire GB GBP 45000 58000 58000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This is a great opportunity for a python Developer to work within this financial organisation
purpose of role
As a Python Software Developer within this infrastructure team you will you need to possess a healthy mixture of both technical and leadership skills. You will have expert knowledge of server infrastructure (UNIX / Linux) and Python facilitating technologies and be capable to drive change.
o You will be the main developer for privileged access management solution based on a vendor product and tightly coupled with internal systems using Python.
o Work alongside infrastructure engineers and provide development support
o Ability to translate between technical and business teams
o Empathy and capability to control/manage escalations in highly pressurized environment
o Ability to adapt quickly and to demonstrate a flexible approach
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Ability to code (Ruby/ Python/Perl) is a must
- Deep understanding of server infrastructure (UNIX) and facilitating technologies
- Knowledge of and deep understanding of Infrastructure as a Code concepts and tools (Chef, git, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Ability to work in a globally distributed agile team (scrum)
- Ability to work among infrastructure engineers as you will be a software developer in an infrastructure team
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Middleware product (Jboss, Tomcat, Apache, WAS, MQ) knowledge would be an advantage
- Knowledge of TDD (Test Driven Development) would be an advantage
- Familiarty with CI/CD processes is desired
- Ideally candidate would have an understanding of container technologies and public cloud (AWS), but this is not mandatory.