Online Design Analyst
Salary £50,000 - £58,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 15 February 2019 2019-02-152019-04-16 it Cheshire Cheshire GB GBP 50000 58000 58000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within this global financial organisation
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Online Design Lead. You will drive the design documentation strategy across the platform to create an enduring product catalogue that can be used through the SDLC. You can help us lead components of design and integration activity for one or more applications / products across the end-to-end software development lifecycle. Finally, you’ll maintain a broad, end-to-end technical understanding of one or more components within an application / product, being recognised as the ‘go to’ contact for early engagement, queries and integration challenges.
- Ownership of documentation standards across the platform along with governance process to ensure its being adhered to by the team.
- Provide technical consultancy for new initiatives, to assist in the definition of business solutions or technical strategies.
- Liaise with business clients to help shape initial ideas into firm system requirements, ensuring that they are sufficiently comprehensive and detailed to support effective system development.
- Present complex technical ideas (both written and verbal), anticipate potential objections and persuade others to adopt the most appropriate view.
- Establish an end-to-end view and capture all key system requirements. Establish clear functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. capacity, availability, response times, etc.).
- Ensure that all requirements are 'testable' and support testing team by reviewing test strategies and scenarios.
- End-to-end software development lifecycle and methodologies e.g. Waterfall, Agile
- Awareness of leading-edge tools, techniques and services within IT
- Strong level of experience of IT software design and development
- Strong level of experience of requirements analysis and functional design.
• Design and implementation experience in some or all of:
o API’s specifically REST API
• Good level of experience of system consolidation and migration
• Financial services
• BSc degree in relevant software engineering discipline, equivalent to UK 2nd class honours