Developer In Test
Salary £30,000 - £53,000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 15 February 2019 2019-02-152019-04-16 it Northamptonshire Northamptonshire GB GBP 30000 53000 53000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A Global Financial Services Organisation Currently has an Exciting Opportunity for 3 Developers in Test to join their Growing but Established Technology Practice. These are permanent roles based in Northampton.
A vacancy has arisen for a Software Developer in Test (SDET) who is naturally inquisitive and wants to solve problems, not just someone who wants to be another Developer/Tester.
The role will offer opportunities to experience all aspects of software development and delivery.
What will you be doing?
- Generating, maintaining and reporting evidence of test execution and defects to support our Governance
- Ensure the correct Test Levels (e.g. Integration, Functional, UX) and type techniques (e.g. BVA, Equivalence Partitioning) are adopted
- Adopting clean code practices following good design and development principles
- Influence Behaviour Driven Development and own Test Driven Development when creating acceptance criteria for User
- Confidence using the Gherkin "given/when/then" style syntax for test creation
- Creation of Test Stubs – Understand what a stub is, why we use them and how then can be used to aid in tests
What we’re looking for:
- .NET / C# / Visual Studio
- Creation of asynchronous code and call methods avoiding deadlocks/other issues.
- Familiarity with a variety of architectural patterns and approaches
- Solutions / Application architecture and design
Skills that will help you in the role:
Experience with a modern programming language (C# preferred)
Experience of test automation frameworks
Track record of ensuring the successful release of new features
A desire to be challenged and a determination to succeed.