Senior Software Engineer
Salary £50,000 - £62,500 per annum
Consultant Jonathan Basnett
Date posted 28 January 2019 2019-01-282019-03-29 it Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 50000 62500 62500 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Do you have a real passion for working with the latest tech and contributing to a greater purpose? We are hiring for a values driven tech company that is relocating to Central Manchester. The business has really excelled and as such they have a number of new roles for talented Software Engineers who will be critical to their continuing success.
The company mission is to change the world of consumer finance. They want to disrupt the marketplace by putting social ethics, responsibility and the customer at the heart of everything they do. Through using this ethos and by investing heavily in technology to deliver excellent service they seek to become the UK's lender of choice.
Software Engineers here operate in multi-disciplined teams, practicing pair-programming to design and deliver creative solutions. You'll ship code in a continuous deployment environment and using cloud technologies and CI-CD pipelines.
Some key aspects of this role involve:
- Practicing object-oriented design, the SOLID principles and TDD.
- Working on a microservices architecture with C#, F#, ASP.NET Core 2.1, SQL, MongoDB transitioning to DynamoDB, RESTful interfaces and a front-end built in React (you don't need experience with all of these to apply).
- Work with different methodologies depending which is best for the task - so either SCRUM, Kanban or Scrumban your team will decide on which will be most successful for the project.
The team are fantastically diverse and welcome people from all backgrounds. They don't just pay lip service to equal opportunities, they actively champion it across the business. The company has a culture that encourages promotion and progression for everyone and they have crafted specific pathways to help you achieve your future goals.
What we believe will make the most succesful software engineers:
- You love finding elegant solutions to challenging technical problems.
- You care deeply about upholding the highest quality software engineering standards.
- You look to the future and keep asking how we can make things better.
If this all sounds great then we can't wait to hear from you. Get in touch!