Data Warehouse and Integration Developer
Salary £48,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 10 January 2019 2019-01-102019-03-11 it Merseyside Merseyside GB GBP 48000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Data Warehouse and Integration Developer – Forming part of a growing data and applications team, you will be an expert in Microsoft’s BI stack, taking responsibility for end to end development tasks from SSIS package development through to end user data provision, ensuring that solutions meet all regulatory requirements including GDPR.
You will be enthusiastic, an excellent communicator and somebody who enjoys working in a team. Always seeking to enhance your own knowledge, You will use your development skills and experience to actively contribute to continually improving the service offered to our colleagues and clients.
The key areas and responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing data integrations routines, using platforms and tools such as SQL Server, SSIS, Power BI, Business Objects and Mulesoft’s data integration platform.
- Conducting data analysis against corporate sources, identifying patterns and new opportunities in the exploitation of data; making recommendations on new technology where appropriate.
- Through active partnership with business areas, help to deliver the self-serve data strategy, ensuring that all user requirements are fully supported and satisfied.
- Building a deep practical understanding of applications, services, systems and architecture under the team’s remit, acting as a subject matter expert for project and minor enhancements, providing advice and guidance to project managers and helping to deliver agile change within an ITIL framework.
- Playing an active role in release management; ensuring that planning, development, testing and implementation follow established best practices, whether part of a change or through internal continual improvement processes.
- Extensive experience of Microsoft SQL Server 2012+ and SSIS.
- Detailed understanding of the development and delivery of self-serve BI capability in medium/large sized organisations.
- An understanding of data integration technologies through the use of APIs.
- A solid understanding of the wider technology and application landscape, such as emerging technologies and cloud infrastructure.
- The ability to develop strong relationships and working in a team
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
Experience of the following would be desirable but not essential:
- Educated to Degree level
- Working within an Agile environment
- Experience with Master Data Management
- Practical knowledge and/or experience in reporting tools such as Power BI and SAP Business Objects.
- Delivering data integration through APIs.
- An understanding of ITIL and general business application support and management
- Industry recognised accreditation.
- An understanding of financial applications.