ETL Warehouse Developer
Salary £450 - £500 per day
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 05 December 2018 2018-12-052019-01-04 it UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Looking for an experienced ETL Warehouse Developer with good DataStage experience, £500 Per Day, Gloucestershire
ETL Warehouse Developer
£500 Per Day
We are currently recruiting for an experienced ETL Warehouse Developer. This is a fantastic and unique opportunity to be part of an agile delivery team that is accountable for designing and building a new Data Warehousing capability. You will be responsible for the technical design and build of the Data Warehouse, taking business requirements and interpreting these to deliver a technical solution.
• Demonstrate a sound technical understanding of DataStage Warehousing design using Ralph Kimball’s Dimensional Modelling technique.
• Experience in analysing and modelling data demonstrating an understanding of interaction between different data sources. Designing, documenting and delivering dimensional models as part of a data warehouse solution.
• Experience with InfoSphere Data Architect (or similar modelling tool) to capture logical design, physical design and ultimately build of DDL scripts to create the data warehouse.
• Exposure to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) development with an interest in being a multi-skilled talent across Modelling and ETL.
• Experience of delivering solutions that align with Data Governance principles for Data Lineage, Data Quality and Data Security.
• Familiarisation of working within a formal System Development Life Cycle, particularly agile or iterative/incremental software development. Experience using other techniques such as Waterfall, RAD etc. would also be advantageous.
• Experience working with IT disciplines such as the IT Infrastructure Library framework (ITIL) on large scale projects/programmes.
• Proven experience of delivering enterprise data warehouse solutions in a Financial Services environment.
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
• Superior attention to detail combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Key Technical Skills
• Data Warehousing: Dimension Modelling (Ralph Kimball), EDW (Inmon), Data Vault
• Toolsets: IBM InfoSphere Information Server, ERWin, IBM Information Governance Catalogue, IBM DataStage.
• RDBMS: Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Netezza
• Languages: SQL, BTEQ, C
• Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, Windows Server