Head of Application Development and Support
Salary £115,000 - £120,000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 19 November 2018 2018-11-192019-01-18 it UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
My client, an International Investment Bank, are looking for a Head of Application Development and Support to join their growing team (based in London).
About the Head of Application Development and Support:
As the Head of Application Development, Europe and US, you will act as a Senior Software Architect and Application Development Manager who is required to undertake the design, development, implementation and production support role within my client's Europe and US business.
You will be managing a team of 3-5 Analysts-Developers (some offshore) involved in system design, development, testing, implementation and production support and be involved in the planning and scheduling of the development workload in line with the business requirements and priorities. This involves review of technical documentation produced by the development team and documentation of system design.
Part of your role is to demonstrate platform and business product knowledge to define standards and technology roadmaps that meet business needs and liaise with the stakeholders and sponsors of the work to ensure it is progressed and delivered in a timely manner.
You are also expected to maintain awareness of ongoing costs and look for opportunities to reduce with SAAS or cloud based solutions and look for global platforms to replace local solutions where possible.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Extensive IT experience with an emphasis on the financial services sector
- Working knowledge of trading systems such as Murex, WSS as well as upstream interfacing from cross-asset pricing and trading platforms (STP). Experience of back office systems including payments processing.
- Working knowledge of application development tools languages such as Java, .NET, XML/XSLT, git, Bamboo. Understanding of database concepts and SQL
- Strong project management skills and AGILE framework awareness
- Excellent organisational and planning ability with proven analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- Excellent client facing skills, focus on experience of working with end users to document requirements and deliver the right solutions
If the above role is of interest and you would like to find out more please call me on 0207 509 8040 or apply via Jobserve/City Jobs/RW Website and I will be able to review your CV.