Salary £50,000 - £56,700 per annum + great benefits
Location Cheshire EastFULL_TIME
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132019-01-12 it UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This global financial organisation are looking for a DevOps Engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity for a DevOps Engineer with experience across continuous deployment, integration, automation and cloud technologies to support the growth of DevOps tooling within the development community.
You will be familiar with building and supporting Cloud platforms and complex multi-tiered, infrastructure environments. Working with cutting edge technologies, using your initiative to identify improvements and work with multiple teams to see these through to resolution. You need to be developing lot of tools using your experience which should help wider developer community in the organization and alo able to help central DevOps team to set new initiative.
All DevOps applications have been built in the Java so you need to work in java to modify any existing application.
You will need to be comfortable working with a broad technology stack including unix, windows, networks, JBOSS, Websphere, openShift. Any experience in AWS would be real added advantage.
You will be a self-starter, highly motivated, with a passion for excellence in your work
Working within an Agile/Scrum/Devops/Cloud environment you would be responsible for
- Migration of existing applications to Cloud
- Supporting the existing DevOps application and bringing new innovation to it.
- Build of new applications on Cloud
- Test environment build, support & issue resolution
- Seamless devops delivery of infrastructure change from development through to production
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Cloud technologies: OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes
- Deploying and configuring JBOSS or Websphere
- Strong Jenkins experience managing continuous integration
- Experience in Java.
- Experience in managing any repository (e.g. stash, clearcase, SVN etc..)
- Strong scripting and integration skills (eg shell, python, chef, perl etc)
- Nexus, GIT, Stash, Confluence, JIRA, Chef, Python
- Red Hat Linux