Salary £80,000 - £90,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 07 November 2018 2018-11-072019-01-06 it UK
This financial organisation are looking for a Technical lead
technical Lead / CoreOps Engineering is the horizontal Engineering & Development capability within this organisation. The focus of the team is high quality development of frameworks and products that enable software development teams Internationally to deliver in a much more automated, lean, secure, consistent and compliant manner.
Dynamic working gives everyone the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives.
- Technical leadership and delivery execution of technology initiatives e.g. Cloud Migration / Agile Adoption, DevOps, Micro-services, APIs, Enhanced Resilience Technology resilience and Cyber, across BI;
- Thought leadership in the DevOps and Cloud transformation space.
- Must have led large complex transformations for one of Cloud, DevOps, Test Automation, Re-architecting for the cloud/micro-services or similar previously.
- Close collaboration and meet regularly with the Engineering and BU CTOs to keep them abreast of developments across the landscape;
- Support the definition of the Technology Strategies and priorities for CoreOps Engineering;
- Manage the plan and deliver against the plan as agreed by the CoreOps Engineering leadership quarterly planning sessions;
- Manage various stakeholders across the breadth of the organisation to help mitigate any risks by building a collaborative way of working;
- Extensive experience in large enterprise IT. Strong software engineering background in key languages like Java 7/8, C, Go, Angular/Node etc.
- Must have experience in having lead large scale technology transformation.
- Must have hands on technical expertise in building and delivering complex technical frameworks in automation.
- Must have experience in building enterprise systems having had to program against a variety of different protocols.
- Must be confident in building API driven micro services architecture.
- Must have strong DevOps knowledge and experience building on the cloud.
- Must have a strong mind-set and culture for automation and DevOps practices
- Experience in Cloud implementation using solutions such Docker, other modern technologies: consul/etcd, vagrant, chef, ELK/Splunk, vault, terraform, etc.
- Knowledge of Go Programming Language