Lead Java Developer
Salary £40,000 - £60,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 02 October 2018 2018-10-022018-12-01 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services Organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Java Developer to join their Growing but Established Technology Practice. This is a Permanent role based in London.
Overview of the Role
As a Lead Java developer, you will be working closely with colleagues across the Technology department and with our end-users across the full software development lifecycle. We work in an iterative process using best practices from both Agile and Waterfall methodologies to deliver solutions frequently with the necessary controls required in a highly regulated global financial organisation. Our team is based in London, Manchester, Liverpool, Chennai and Pune.
- Strong Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of Object Oriented, design principles and patterns
- Experience of the full development lifecycle (including both Agile and Waterfall)
- Understanding and experience of engineering practices such as unit testing, continuous integration, automated testing, appropriate documentation, Clean coding practices, SOLID principles etc.
- Financial services knowledge
- Experience of developing software in a regulated business environment
- Experience of using test driven and automated testing techniques
- Experience working and delivering across a multi-location team
In return, we will
- Provide you with interesting and complex technologies problems for you to solve
- Provide an interesting, challenging and varied experience
- Offer and organise training, support and peer mentoring
- Facilitate and support "Lunch and Learn" sessions
- Build a career path specifically for you