Salary £55,000 - £60,000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 11 September 2018 2018-09-112018-11-10 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services Organisation currently has an exiting opportunity for an experienced Analyst Programmer to join their growing but established Technology Practice. This is a permanent role based in Glasgow.
The International Tax Technology developers primary role will be to work directly with Operations Users to enhance and improve critical Tax applications that have a direct impact on ourselves and our clients. Over time, this individual will contribute to new development of strategic solutions, and have the ability to work in the context of a global team. The initial applications currently leverage a C#/ASP.NET front end, with Java services and Sybase as its DB, Our target state solutions make greater use of Java, Angular JS and other technologies, providing the developer with opportunities to expand their expertise. The person will be involved through the full development lifecycle, from requirements definition to product deployment.
Excellent working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Experience in a software development field
- C#/.NET experience, OR Core Java 8
- Comfortable with direct interaction with the business users at all levels.
- Have good communication skills, and be able to explain complex IT problems in simple business like terminology for ease of user's understanding.
- Angular JS
- Familiarity with Autosys .Net/C# - WinForms and WPF, Spring Integration
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) with Concordion/Cucumber
- Good understanding of derivative products and STP cycle
- Familiarity with central clearing and settlements areas.
- Relational Databases such as Sybase, UDB or SQL
- Integration technologies - MQ/XML/SOAP/JSON
- Enterprise Architecture Patterns
- Gradle, Ant
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, familiarity with Design Patterns.
- Hands on experience with multithreaded systems.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) working in a cross-functional feature team
- Exposure to working in a global delivery team.
- The candidate must also strongly appreciate and understand the impact of code/environmental changes on the business unit.