Salary £60,000 - £80,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 07 September 2018 2018-09-072018-11-06 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
We are currently partnering a Global Financial Services Organisation in Edinburgh who are looking for an experienced Software Leader, 60-80K + Bonus+Benefits
£65,000 - £80,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Robert Walters is partnering with a Global Financial Services Organisation based in Edinburgh, they have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Leader with great career progression with a large enterprise level business
Our aim is to create a forward-thinking engineering culture that will push boundaries to support the business in delivering high quality, efficient and impactful outcomes for customers across the digital estate.
We are active partners in a number of accelerator communities including Startupbootcamp, Accenture Fintech Labs, Codebase and Fintech Scotland. These Innovation partnerships allow us to work collaboratively with start-ups on experiments across a range of disruptive technologies.
Our aim is to create a forward thinking engineering culture that will support the business in delivering high quality, efficient and impactful outcomes for customers
As a Software Leader in one of our feature teams you’ll work in a highly collaborative way and enjoy seeing the impact of your work by creating digital experiences for our customers across our web, mobile and tablet applications.
Innovation, change, growth and pace are key to our future, so it couldn’t be a better time to join us in a role that matters and where you can really make a difference.
- Writing modular, well tested Node.js applications that remain easy to maintain as the codebase and business continues to scale
- Mentor and develop more junior Node engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and growth
- Relentless focus on delivering business value through sound engineering methods and principles.
- Understanding of DevOps Architecture
- Inputting in to the strategic direction for how Node.js applications are developed within the team
- Ensure that software is built in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider Engineering community
- Understand and apply industry best practices, foster knowledge sharing to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure implementation of solutions where appropriate
What we are looking for:
- A "can-do" attitude, capability of bootstrapping projects, and ability to effectively work with multi-disciplinary, internal and external distributed teams across the project lifecycle
- Strong professional experience with Node.js and frameworks such as StrongLoop and ExpressJS
- Ability to work with front-end engineers to develop server side logic and with a broad understanding of RESTful APIs and web services together with expertise in integrating with multiple & varied technologies
- Strong understanding of Git, source code management and managing change
- Knowledge of agile development practices, continuous integration and test automation (TDD, BDD, Selenium)
- Expertise in multi-threading and asynchronous programming techniques
- Understanding of how to design low-latency, high-availability and perform-ant applications
- Experience across the entire software development life-cycle from inception, through build to production
- Passion for coaching other engineers and building a strong team culture
- Confidence to express own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Familiarity with front-end engineering skills including HTML5 & CSS