Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 03 September 2018 2018-09-032018-11-02 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This leading Global Financial organsation are looking for a Linux Engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Linux Engineer / Infrastructure Specialist to work for a leading Global financial organisation. You will work within the Engineering team that is responsible for all aspects of managing and maintaining a set of enterprise hosted developer enablement tools that are used throughout the global IT development community.
These tools, both open source and 3rd party vendor, they include tools such as SCM (Perforce and Git/Bitbucket), Issue Tracking (Jira), CI (Jenkins and TeamCity) and Code Quality (Sonar).
- Technical evaluation and deployment of enterprise hosted development enablement tools into the environment.
- Documentation and knowledge transfers to peers and operations teams
- Conducting major upgrades to existing enterprise hosted products
- Building, maintaining and supporting infrastructure around the products to aid in enterprise use
- Troubleshooting performance and stability issues with enterprise hosted services.
- Liaising with users of our products in the IT developer space, to ensure that they are getting the most out the MSDE product set.
- Working with the MSDE operations and development teams on day to day issues.
- Working with Enterprise Infrastructure teams
- Planning and carrying out scheduled activities within the firm change approval framework
- Write scripts to automate various tasks
- Strong Linux SA type skills
- Exhibit required skills in at least 3 of the following areas
- Experience with web app hosting technology, such as Apache and Tomcat
- Knowledge of infrastructure such as SAN and VCS
- Strong scripting skills, as Python, Perl and Unix scripting
- Knowledge of database and simple to intermediate SQL
- Strong knowledge in SOAP and REST services (API)
- Knowledge of security/authentication layers such as Kerberos, SiteMinder or SPNEGO and SSL Certs
- Basic knowledge of Load balancing and Networking
- Experience with performance troubleshooting and resolution
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to write detailed technical documentation
- SCM knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of issue tracking type tools
- Experience of CI systems such as Jenkins
- Experience of working in a large enterprise environment
- Knowledge of Java and C++ development
- Knowledge of SDLC practices
- Knowledge of software development, deployment, change and release management processes in an enterprise environment
- Experience of working with 3rd party vendors
- Identifies, assesses, and manages risks to ensure successful achievement of deliverables
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills